Location: Nkawie, Atwima Nwabiagya Municipality in the Ashanti Region
Assignment Number: GHA124
Volunteers Requested: 1
Auclas Foods and Trading Enterprise requests the support of a Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer for a 15 day volunteer assignment (including travel) located in Nkawie in the Atwima Nwabiagya Municipality, of the Ashanti Region. The volunteer will provide training for staff on the essentials of marketing, how to effectively market their produce and business skills (such as negotiating for better contracts), and how to find more customers to improve the supply chain plan. The volunteer will also work with them to develop a marketing strategy for the organization.
Established in 2017, Auclas Food and Trading Enterprise is a private enterprise engaged in the processing of palm oil, ginger, honey, beans and local rice. Currently, it sells its products to some shops in the municipality and to students of University of Education –Winneba, Kumasi campus. The vision of the organization is to be one of the household names when it comes to suppliers of its product line, but its staff lack the skills in effective engagement with new buyers, contract management, and negotiation.
Note: this SOW may be implemented with one or two similar SOWs with similar host organizations, as a result the assignment schedule may be adjusted as needed.
The volunteer should have the following qualifications and background:
· University degree in marketing, business management, agriculture, agribusiness, or another related field
· 10 years’ experience and extensive knowledge in business skills and marketing; developing agribusinesses in developing countries
· Experience in training and transferring hands-on knowledge to adults
· Good report writing, public speaking, and communication skills
· Ability to use a computer for report writing and presentations without the assistance of others
***As part of the Farmer-to-Farmer Consortium, this assignment is made possible through USAID funding. In accordance to USAID guidelines, any candidates submitted for consideration under this project must have a valid US passport or Green Card.***