Location: Kaduna, (north central) Ado-Ekiti and Iree, Osun State (southwest), Enugu/Ishiagu (southeast), Zaria, Kaduna State (north central)
Assignment Number: NIG397
Volunteers Requested: 1
The Network for Agricultural Technical Education of Nigeria (NATEN) has requested the support of one Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) volunteer for a 17-day volunteer assignment (including travel) located in three states in Nigeria. The volunteer will work with NATEN members to develop a methodology, process, and indicators to assess/monitor learner success and the quality of instruction and academic programs and services. The volunteer is also expected to hold a two-day workshop in each of the three (Kaduna, Enugu, and Igboora) locations to support the individual NATEN members to develop plans to roll out the evaluation process.
NATEN is made up of seven mid-level colleges from across Nigeria. NATEN was formed in 2016 with the support of Winrock and F2F volunteers. The goal of the network is to
champion the re-cultivation of the culture of agriculture among the Nigerian youth through partnerships with public and private sector and with local community networks to seek out opportunities that will give young people the knowledge and experience they will need to enrich the local economies with new startup businesses through farming, agribusiness, markets and transport.
Winrock’s Nigeria F2F program will continue to support NATEN, its members, and other AET institutions in Nigeria over the next five years.
The volunteer should have the following qualifications and background
· Higher university degree - Ph.D. preferably in Education/Agriculture Education or Evaluation
· At least 10 years’ experience as college faculty
· Experience of having done/been part of a team that developed evaluation or assessment tools used to assess institutional effectiveness and/or learner success
· Experience of having implemented or supervised the implementation of similar assessment, tasks, tools, etc.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong training of trainer skills