Location: Jos, Plateau State, North Central Nigeria
Assignment Number: NIG403
Volunteers Requested: 1
Winrock International and the Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology request the support of a Farmer-to-Farmer volunteer for a 21-day volunteer assignment (including travel) located in Vom, Plateau State, north-central Nigeria. The volunteer will use the Winrock’s F2F Agricultural Education and Training (AET) Organizational Capacity Index to assess the host institution in various criteria and fill out the form. The volunteer will also conduct a deeper institutional assessment of the host institution and develop an AET Action Plan for the host institution, followed by training-of-trainers on the institutional assessment process (how to conduct assessments, who to involve in assessments, etc.). This will enable the trainees to apply their newly learned skills to conduct future assessments of the institutions, using the F2F assessment framework.
While critical external/self-assessment can be an uncomfortable step to take, an institution willing to take a careful look at its management, processes, program quality, student enrolment, and retention, etc.; can get a useful understanding of where reforms are needed to improve quality. One key challenge for many colleges is how and where to begin this process of self-assessment. The Federal College of Animal Health and Production Technology, Vom would benefit from an external assessment and holistic training in self-assessment and self-improvement.
The volunteer should have the following qualifications and background:
• Higher university degree – preferably Ph.D. in Education, Agriculture Education or other similar topic
• At least 10 years’ experience as college faculty
• Experience of having implemented or supervised the implementation of similar institutional assessments
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a college/university administration position or a member of university/higher education assessment committee or board or council
• Experience in the development of improvement plans for higher education institutions.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong training-of-trainer skills