Prevention and Protection Manager (Jamaica)
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Prevention and Protection Manager for an anticipated US Department of State-funded child protection project in Jamaica. The proposed objective of the project is to strengthen the efforts of the government and civil society to prevent child trafficking and provide comprehensive care to child trafficking victims.
Qualified Jamaican nationals are strongly encouraged to apply especially those residing in Jamaica.
The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Prevention and Protection Manager will contribute to the effective project implementation, coordinate relevant activities and maintain organized records and documentation in adherence with Winrock and USG procedures.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ensure timely and high-quality implementation of prevention and protection project activities according to the approved workplan;
• Assist in the development and dissemination of projects deliverables, including reports, in coordination with staff and implementing partners;
• Lead partners and provide oversight in work planning and implementation of activities related to child trafficking prevention and protection in accordance with Winrock International and USG rules and standards;
• Engage with the Government of Jamaica, civil society, and private sector stakeholders to devise and facilitate the execution of child trafficking prevention and protection strategies in line with the program goals of the CPC;
• Monitor trafficking and migration news in media and assist in preparation of analysis reports;
• Collect required data and information to capture success stories of the program;
• Conduct field visits to support and monitor the implementation of child trafficking prevention and protection activities throughout Jamaica;
• Support Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist with data input and other tasks, as needed;
• Organize and maintain all records and files in accordance with Winrock and USG requirements;
• Other duties, as assigned
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, International Development, or other relevant discipline from a reputed University
• Minimum five years of professional experience in communications or program support in a development sector program (INGO/UN/USG, preferred)
• Experience working with local and international NGOs or UN agencies addressing trafficking-in-persons, migration, child protection, or other related issues in Jamaica preferred
• Organized, detail oriented and able to multi-task to meet deadlines
• Flexible, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams and multi-cultural environments
• Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office, databases, email and internet
• Familiarity with the use of technology for development a plus
• Fluency in English and Jamaican Patois required