KSSI Project Technology Profile and Pump Assessments
- Farmers expectations of the solar pumps were generally met
- Most farmers intend to expand their farms due to the improved water access,
reliability and reduced energy costs
- There is need for local capacity building at technician level to improve the
quality of installations and maintenance at the counties
- Security is a concern which often leads to more portable module configurations
i.e temporary module installations placed in the dirt.
- Purchase power continues to be the main barrier to acquisition of solar pumps.
The farmers are open to credit options; this will further grow the solar water
- There’s need to further increase farmers awareness and build confidence
around SWP technologies available in the market. Retailers are doing this
through their after sales support